IIT JAM Exam is one of the hardest exams. Every year thousands of students try to clear the exam but only some of them qualify it. We can say it fairly that those who qualify IIT JAM exam are really intelligent and brilliant students. Because this is not an easy task to crack the exam when you have 60 questions to solve and carrying 100 marks in 3 hours when you know a single wrong answer can cut your right answer marks also because negative marking is scheduled in exam. So in these circumstances, students need some smart tips to take easy and easily crack the exam.
Firstly You Should Know About IIT JAM Paper Syllabus-
IIT JAM Biological Science Syllabus
General Biology:- Mendelian genetics and heredity; basics of developmental biology; pro-and eukaryotic organisms; photosynthesis; Taxonomy of plants and animals; respiration; regulation of body fluids and excretory mechanisms; cell organelles and their function; multicellular organization; general physiology; energy transformations; internal transport systems of plants and animals; reproductive biology; plant and animal hormones and their action; nervous systems; animal behavior; plant and animal diseases; biology of populations and communities; evolution; basic principles of ecology; genesis and diversity of organisms.
Basics of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biophysics:- Buffers; trace elements in biological systems; enzymes and proteins; photosynthesis; vitamins; detoxifying mechanisms; nucleic acids; nucleic acid metabolism; nature of gene and its function; biological oxidations, carbohydrates and lipids and their metabolism; genetic code; digestion and absorption; synthesis of nucleic acids and proteins; regulation of gene expression; operons.
Structure of biomolecules: – enzyme mechanisms and kinetics; principles of X-ray diffraction; IR- and UV- spectroscopy; analytical and biochemical techniques Intra and intermolecular forces; thermodynamics and kinetics of biological systems.
Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology:- microbial genetics; cell theory; cell architecture; cell division; types of chromosome structure; biochemical genetics- inborn errors of metabolisms; innate and adaptive immunity, antigen antibodies; principles of processes of development; Classification of microorganisms and their characterization; laboratory techniques in microbiology; pathogenic microorganisms and disease; applied microbiology; viruses and fungi; nutrient requirement for growth.
Mathematical Sciences: – Mathematical functions (algebraic, exponential, trigonometric) and their derivatives (derivatives and integrals of simple functions); basic probability and volumetric calculations Permutations and combinations.
Exam Format and Time Duration– IIT JAM time duration of the examination will be 3 hours. Language of exam is only English. It consist of three type of questions.
IIT JAM 2018 exam will be carried out as ONLINE.
(MCQ)Multiple Choice Questions: Each question has 4 options, out of which only one option is the correct.
(MSQ)Multiple Select Questions: It is same as MCQ but with a little difference here you can select one or more than one that are correct out of the 4 given options.
(NAT) Numerical Answer Type Questions: For every question, a signed real number is answer which input only by using the virtual keypad on the monitor screen. There is no other options to answer the question.
Total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks. Paper format will be divided into three sections, A, B and C. All sections are mandatory. Questions in each section are of different types as given below:
Section-A contains 30 Multiple Choice Question carrying one or two marks each.
Section-B contains 10 Multiple Selective Question carrying two marks each.
Section-C contains 20 Numerical Answer Type Questions carrying one or two marks each.
Marking– All of the above sections, questions not attempted will result in no or zero mark.
In Section-A, wrong answer will result in negative marks. 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer, in one mark question. 2/3 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer, in two mark question. In Section-B and Section-C, there is no negative marking.
Here are some mind blowing tips that will help you to crack your exam.
- Self-Study- Base of every student’s knowledge and learning is self-study. From self-study, students can strong their points that are helpful in exams to solve the questions.
- Making Notes of Important Topics- You can make notes of your important topics for further revision. From this way you can read it any time.
- Manage your time- Time management is must for exam. And for that you can practice on test papers and manage your time accordingly. Or you can get advice from others who already attempted this exam.
- Join Coaching Classes– This is the solution for all your preparation’s problems. Join a best IIT JAM coaching institute and improve your knowledge and skill. Before joining any institute, discuss with friends and others to take review of that coaching center.
- Sample Papers from last ten years– This is the best practice way for every student. And from sample papers, you do not only get idea about exam questions but you can learn how to manage your time in the exam and also revise your knowledge and much more.
- Learn From Standard Books of IIT JAM- Read only standardize books that are written by IIT JAM Specialist authors. This gives you a big difference in your study. From books, students learn many topics and if you use standardize books then you find a deep detail about your topic and you can learn easily and clearly.
Conclusion- IIT JAM exam is tough but not impossible to crack if you care some little things form starting. Prepare yourself and make a bright future.